Running with your kids is something that is quite appealing to a number of parents. Jogging strollers have many advantages that can help your family stay happy and most importantly, healthy. Kids usually love to ride along with their parents and experience the outdoors at a breakneck pace. For parents, it is a simple way to get in some much needed exercise and stress relief without having to worry about getting a baby sitter. It is also great to give your kids the example of having an active Mom and Dad. Passing on your love for fitness and the importance of staying healthy is something that your children can take with them as they get older, so getting a quality jogger can be extremely beneficial.
If you have been shopping around you have probably discovered that these pieces of equipment can be quite expensive. If you’re budget is somewhere south of $200 then most of the high end models are going to be out of your price range, but it is possible to find a quality running stroller that won’t break the bank. In our efforts to help you find the best budget jogging stroller we have a couple of affordable options that your family should enjoy using on a regular basis.
Top Budget Joggers
There are a couple of strollers that really stand out for their features, durability, owner ratings, and their price.
We normally associate the name “Schwinn” with bicycles, but they also have a top notch running stroller that has gotten some excellent reviews from parents. This model will set you back around $150, which considering a top of the line jogger can go for $300 to $450 makes this an excellent bargain. Some of its best highlights include:
- Lightweight aluminum frame for easy carrying and storage.
- Durable construction made for the wear and tear of faster paced running.
- Multiple flip up trays with cup holders, one for each for the passenger as well as the runner.
- Car seat adapter for infants. Simply pop in your infant seat into the stroller for added convenience and safety.
- Front swivel wheel that can be locked for added stability at faster speeds. Easy to maneuver when unlocked.
- Speakers in the canopy for your mp3 player.
- Adjustable handlebar to accommodate runners of different heights.
This particular models has received a nice amount of positive feedback from owners. They really like how smooth the ride is, even when running, as well as its maneuverability. At this price point the Tursimo from Schwinn is an excellent option.
Graco FastAction Jogger
Graco some makes some terrific child equipment that is affordable, and their jogging stroller is no exception. Their FastAction Fold stroller will cost somewhere around or just under $150. Some of its features include:
- Like its name implies, this stroller has a one handed quick fold feature that makes breaking the stroller down for storage or transporting super convenient.
- Air filled tires that help ensure a smooth ride over any kind of terrain.
- Can fit select Graco infant seats for added safety and convenience.
- Recommended for kids up to 50 lbs.
- Extra storage so that you can take everything you need for those long runs.
- Weighs only 30 lbs. This makes it extremely simple to take with you, move in and out of the car, and store in the garage.
- A swivel front wheel that can be locked in place. This adds stability for faster speeds and greater maneuverability when needed.
This running stroller has a lot going for it. At this price point you might be hard pressed to find something that provides this level of overall value. For runners it offers a great experience while also providing a comfortable ride for its passengers. Another excellent budget option for parents.
Price is not a hurdle that should stop you when looking for a new jogger. While it might be nice to have the super strong construction, high tech suspension, and off road capabilities of higher end models, that performance comes at a cost. Staying active and fit while sharing it with your children is something that you really cannot put a dollar sign on. Running with a stroller has many advantages and getting something that is affordable will still let you enjoy all of the benefits that this activity has to offer your family. Hopefully, some of the options above will keep you running in the right direction.